In the cold winter season, it is common in Japan to enjoy a hot pot for dinner.
The hot pot warms your body, and you can eat a lot of vegetables, so it’s a very healthy and very popular menu in Japan!
I really enjoy healthy and comforting Japanese Hot Pots, specially with this cold weather. This is my recreation of this loved dish.
Japanese Style Mushroom And Tofu Hot Pot
- 250 g mushroom
- 250 g Mixed mushrooms (shiitake, enokitake and shimeji)
- 1 onion
- 1 tbsp miso paste
- 300 g Rice noodles
- 150 g tofu marinated in teriyaki sauce (cut in cubes)
- Make the mushroom stock by frying the onion. Add the mushrooms and 1L of water with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Bring to boil and simmer for 30 min. Then stir the miso paste and soya sauce.
- Fry the marinated tofu for 8-10 min in a medium heat.
- Add the rice noodles in the pot and boil for 6 min or according to instructions. Once the tofu is cooked, stir in and serve in bowls.