“Dress de Omurice” is a version of omelet rice (omurice) with a twisted center in the egg, which is beautiful and artistic like a dress.
Have you heard of this beautiful dish?
[Basic Method] Dress De Omelet Rice
The butter soy rice
- 2 bowls cooked rice
- 10 g butter
- 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 pinch of black pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
The demi glace sauce
- 1/4 onion
- 2 tbsp flour
- 10 g butter
- 200 ml water ★
- 1/2 tbsp bouillon powder ★
- 1 tbsp ketchup ★
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 2 tbsp potato starch
- 1.5 tbsp salad oil or butter
- 4 sprigs of parsley
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- Cook the rice according to the the instructions on the package.
- Peel the onions, cut off the roots, slice thinly.
- ★ Mix the water, bouillon powder, ketchup, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Put the flour in a frying pan without adding oil. Set to medium heat and stir until the flour turns golden brown while ensuring that the flour does not get burned. Move to another plate.
- Heat the butter in the same pan after wiping it clean, and add onions. Stir until the onions are tender.
- Add the flour from step 3 and mix evenly.
- Add the liquid from step 2 and mix until no lumps remain. Boil until it has the desired consistency, add honey, and turn off the heat.
Butter Soy Sauce Rice
- Heat the butter in a frying pan, and once the butter starts bubbling, add the cooked rice. Season with soy sauce and black pepper, adding parsley as a final touch.
- Fill half a bowl with rice and place a plate over it, then turn it over to create a nice 'rice mountain'. Do this until all the rice is finished.
- Finally, the omelette. The first step is to thoroughly mix the heavy cream and potato starch.
- Take 2 eggs, break them in a bowl, and beat lightly.
- Add half of the potato starch mix from step 1 and mix thoroughly until there are no lumps in the mixture.
- Put some salad oil in a frying pan and set to medium heat. Once it becomes warm, move the frying pan onto a damp cloth. When the noise of the simmering calms down, return it to the stove.
- Pour in the egg liquid mixture from step 3 and continue to mix. Medium heat can continue to be used for this time.
- Around ten seconds after mixing the egg mixture in, slowly bring one chopstick from the edge of the omelet to the center and make a small drape.
- Immediately insert another chopstick from the opposite end and bring it to the center as if to grab the mixture. This will also make a drape on the other side.
- Grasp the chopsticks firmly and with your free hand, rotate the frying pan 15 cm clockwise and immediately 15 cm counterclockwise. At the same time, you can pour the liquid that has not solidified into the empty space.
- Repeating the movement of step 8 a few times will produce a beautiful solidified drape. Move the chopsticks from the center to the butter soy sauce rice that you made earlier.
- Remove the chopsticks and shape the omelet.
- Pour the demiglace sauce around the omelet.
- Place parsley on top so that the holes made by the chopsticks are hidden. Add sliced cherry tomatoes as a finishing touch.
Providing a twist on easy Japanese recipes!!