Here are some rice balls made with grilled cod roe (Tarako/たらこ)!
It is a very popular food in Japan. It has a long history, and was already being eaten in the early Edo period.
And it’s rich in vitamin A and B3, and is a nutritious food.
Cod roe (Tarako/たらこ) and butter is a combination that Japanese people love.
Please give it a try!
Cod roe (Tarako/たらこ) Butter Rice Ball (Spring Cherryblossom ver.)
- 1/2 cup brown rice (cooked and warm)
- 1/2 cup quinoa (cooked and warm)
- 1 cod roe(Tarako) ☆Brown in a frying pan and break apart.
- 1 piece butter
- 1 tbsp sakura pickles to serve
- 1 tsp salt
- Mix the all ingredients.
- In a small bowl, drape with some plastic wrap.
- Sprinkle salt on the plastic wrap.
- Put in some rice into the bowl.
- Use the plastic wrap to envelop the filling, and shape into a ball.
- Top with pickled cherry blossoms.
- Make sure it is compacted enough to hold its shape, but do not squeeze so much that the rice grains smush.Twist the top, and you have a nicely wrapped rice ball.