It’s a waste to eat!
Do you know “mosaic sushi”? The basics are “Chirashi-zushi”, but many people have practiced it since the beauty of the colorful ingredients attracted attention on Instagram.
Introducing how to make mosaic sushi full of feast!
Easy Mosaic Sushi
- 1 cup rice
- 2 tbsp vinegar★
- 2 tbsp sugar★
- 1/8 tbsp salt★
- 3 shiso leaves
- 1 tsp white sesame seeds
The kinshi egg
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- A little salt
- 1 boiled shrimp
- 1 pack salmon roe
- 1/4 cucumber
- 1/2 tsp salad oil
- 1 bit wasabi
Preparation of rice
- Boil the rice according to the instructions on the package.
Preparation of toppings
- Cut the cucumber in half and slice it into thin slices with a peeler. Also cut off 4 needle-shaped pieces for decoration.
- Lightly wash the shiso leaves and wipe them dry. Remove the stems and leave one for decorative purposes. Finely chop the other 2 leaves.
- Slice the sea bream, tuna, and shrimp to make a square according to the size of the container you plan to use. In this case, it has been sliced with a width of about 4 cm.
- ★ Mix vinegar, sugar, and salt to create sushi vinegar.
- Put the egg in a bowl and beat to such a consistency that chopsticks can cut through easily. Add sugar and salt to the egg mixture and strain in a colander.
- Heat 1/2 teaspoon of salad oil in a small pan and pour the egg from step 1. Bake on medium heat until the surface hardens. Once done, move to a surface with a plastic wrap on top.
- Once the egg has cooled, roll it up and cut into thin slices with a knife.
- Sprinkle the sushi vinegar over warm rice. Mix until the rice is heavy and has absorbed the vinegar, then mix together thoroughly while cooling the rice.
- Add the chopped shiso and white sesame seeds, and mix together evenly.
- Fill the container you want to use with the sushi rice.
- Decoratively place the cucumber slices, sea bream, tuna, shrimp, and the Kinshi egg on the rice in a square pattern as seen in the picture.
- Top the tuna with the decorative shiso leaf and kinshi egg, place the needle-shaped pieces of cucumber on the egg, and put the salmon roe on the sea bream. Place some wasabi (as much or as little as you prefer) on the shrimp.
Providing a twist on easy Japanese recipes!!